Wednesday, March 30, 2011

jubilation 81....Wooloomooloo Bar


These bars always seduce me while checking out at our local organic store...until I see the price of this seduction....$3.00 for 14 grams of chocolate!!!  Not quite enough to satisfy my chocolate needs.  But the possibility that the quality of the ingredients in this bar, which include hemp seeds and indonesian coconut, might outshine the morsility of the bar.  This year, I am trying to become a Yes Woman to those things in which I would have formerly said no.  I had to try it.  Even if just for the Winnie the Pooh thrill of saying, "I ate a wooloomooloo today."

I followed the directions on the back of the wrapper.  I breathed ujjayi breaths.  The bar seemed glossy and full of good temper.  I smelled.  I snapped.  I tasted and let the chocolate melt around my tongue.

It was very good.  But not life changing and I wouldn't blink twice at a trade involving cadbury milk chocolate eggs.  Now when I am buying my tomatoes and pita bread, craving something sweet, I can look at those bars and say, "I know what you have to offer, but I am saving myself for something with a little more satisfying."

No comments: