Tuesday, December 11, 2007

After School Snow Cone Chillin with the Chillens


Actual Snowflake Photograph

I have observed that many people share elaborate and exotic recipes on their blogs. If you are looking for those here, you are sadly out of luck. I will only share recipes that contain 5 or less ingredients and take 5 or less minutes.

RECIPE FOR FUN

1. Scoops of Freshly Fallen Snow (Make the kids get it. They love it and you don't get cold. Plus they appreciate it more when they have labored with their own hands)
2. Jello Mix (any flavor, all flavors, whatever. Go crazy)
3. Eat quickly (if it does melt, don't worry. It is still tasty. Just slurp it up.)
4. Check out your neighbors tongue!

ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE
The chillen and I were conversing about the wonder that is snow. We have this children's book about W.A. Bentley, the man that first took photographs of individual flakes of snow. It is called "Snowflake Bentley" by Jacqueline Briggs Martin and I think it is a wonderful story of persistance, patience, and the easily overlooked tiny miracles all around us.






4 comments:

Sijbrich said...

That's a brilliant recipe.

That snowflake photo is amazing, too.

Anonymous said...

We may have snow tomorrow.....send someone down to collect it and I'll provide the jello! and have a party!

Lucy said...

Vanessa, I'm thrilled that you are blogging. Yours will be one I will look forward to reading with delight and wonder. And a whole lot of jealousy towards your ten acres in a place where my heart still remains.

Welcome!

ZOE said...

Hooray for your blog.

I bought the Snowflake Bentley book years ago when I was in the midst of a love affair with snow (I still love it, but I don't see enough of it) and when I was actively seeking great non-fiction children's books about people who followed their own passions, marched to the beat of different drummer, etc. I now have that book in my office along with a few others--inspiration.

MWAH!