Wednesday, October 4, 2017

its a time for change...1/19/09

Right now, I can't seem to manage more thanI like to change the template on my blog. It is extremely easy and sometimes makes me feel new and reorganized. I'm not into anything fancy or flourished. I never have a problem with the current template. I just crave something different.....all the time.
I wish it was as easy to change the template on my house. Yeah, I know it is less than a year old. Shouldn't I be happy with it for at least 5 years?
For the record, I was never happy with the color of my bedroom. Our builder did a fabulous job in so many ways........BUT......he forced us to commit to the colors of our house based on a 1 inch by 2 inch sample. In fact, when it was first painted, I couldn't even look at it without wanting to puke. I feel strongly about having my bedroom be a non-vomit inducing environment. It was just so NOT what I had envisioned. I was disgusted with myself for letting the color of a few rooms in my new beautiful home (Master bed and bath and office) dampen my spirits so greatly.
If I don’t have "What next?" lined up, daily living lulls me into loss of inertia.
If I want to get anything done today or tomorrow, I need to have a reprieve from the monotony in mind.. like a carrot dangling just so far in front of me.
I subscribe to the notion that it is important to live in the now and that a currency mindset can bring happiness (not currency as in money, but currency as in loving what is currently in your life)
I frequently become plagued....usually in the middle of winter when the snow is dirtier than the dirt, I’ve been too weighed down by the now to actually live in it. dishes, and cleaning.
But with a change or vacation planned out, I look at today with enthusiasm and can actually get through the routine in contentment.
An analysis of a mental model reveals that reorganization only results in a quick-fix remedy and its effects may not last overtime which leads to less stability
it doesn't look so bad here, does it? I can't quite capture the minty green nauseating hue...just think of a bridesmaid gown in the 80's. Kind of like that.


The new Egyptian Nile green. This should keep me happy for at least another 10 months.

No comments: