Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year Day Adventure Day 10.....

 I was listening to NPR's Science Friday last week and was enthralled with a project launched to sort and measure the galaxy. Scientists are asking the average Joe or Vanessa to help find and draw bubbles in beautiful infrared data from the Spitzer Space Telescope. Understanding the material that we see in these images helps scientists learn how stars form and how our galaxy changes and evolves with time.  I spent as much time with it as I could before I got a bit tipsy on the galaxy visual wine.  I don't hold my digital alcohol well.   You should see me at a 3-D movie.  I am the one on the floor puking after 5 minutes.  If you want to take part, you can go here www.milkywayproject.org/galactometer.  It was fun and I can now say that I helped map our galaxy.   Proud of me yet, Dad?




Yes.  I mapped this.


 Today's adventure is dedicated to my Rocket Scientist dad.  

No comments: