Monday, March 21, 2011

jubilation 69...a nice day with a nice niece

 Jenn is a freshman at ASU.  She grew up in Boston and I have never had an opportunity to spend any one on one time with her.  She was on spring break and had time to spend.  I failed to mention that this trip was only all fun and games for me.  Corey had to spend much of his time at a boring conference that he actually found quite interesting.  So Jenn and I had an entire day to kill together.   We found a snobby Scottsdale art festival and had fun browsing, people watching, and completing dares.  I knew we were going to get along just fine.
 She is my brother's daughter and so has the last name of Porter....hence the photo taken in Old Scottsdale.
We found an artisan who would let us fashion our own enamel tiles for just $5.


We spent a few hours at the "adults only" pool, and for the first time in my life had someone ask me, "could I interest you in a chilled towel?"
Yes.  Although I don't know quite what to do with it.  


Corey was done learning and we hit Camelback Mt. , an 1.5 mile hike right outside our hotel that we figured couldn't take us very long.  

We underestimated the technical terrain and the heat




We got up to the top just in time to see the sunset.  It was beautiful
Our hubris left us hiking down in the dark.   I'm hoping my niece didn't tell my brother that we put her life in jeopardy.

My favorite amenity at our resort was the many fires located around the grounds at night.  

No comments: